At Manasquan Bank, we seek creative and career-oriented employees who will enjoy the experience of working for a local Bank. We strive to not only serve our customers, but also serve our community, making it a better place for all of us to live, work and play. While employed with us, you will develop valuable skills needed to advance your career and shape the future success of our company. Whether you have several years of banking experience or are new to the industry, we offer employment opportunities that will develop your professional and personal goals.
When you join Manasquan Bank, you will become part of a community bank dedicated to providing excellent service to all our customers.
As a member of our team, you will receive a competitive salary and, for full-time employees, a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
If you would like to apply for an open position, please click on the below position. For inquiries, please contact Manasquan Bank’s HR department at [email protected].
Provide personalized banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers. Responsible for a variety of duties relating to the opening and processing of new accounts; establishing and maintaining customer relationships; assess customer needs and effectively sell appropriate bank products and services. Other responsibilities include the accurate processing of routine financial transactions for banking customers, preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files while ensuring operational integrity and accepting loan applications & closing loans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Foster a relationship banking environment by successfully assessing customer needs and recommending/advising appropriate bank products and services.
- Opening new accounts business and personal and performing maintenance on existing accounts as requested, following established Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer satisfaction and retention and provide the highest level quality customer service.
- Facilitate customer satisfaction and retention by successfully researching and resolving customer issues and inquiries.
- Perform teller duties, including advanced and complex transactions, handling special requests and investigating discrepancies in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure minimum proving differences and controllable losses. Escalate matters requiring further attention.
- Adhere to privacy and confidentiality policies when assisting customers in obtaining any account information.
- Assist prospective borrowers; act as main point of contact for customers with the completion of loan applications, during underwriting and closing loans. Pre-qualify prospective borrowers and prepare account loans. Prepare loan payoff statements.
- Appropriately order and maintain vault cash. Prove vault cash daily. Assist with Armored Truck service ensuring standard operating and security procedures. Prepare cash in and out shipments.
- Prove daily journal transactions.
- Verify teller and vault bait money.
- Initiate and confirm wire transfers.
- Reconcile ATM daily and assure proper equipment operation.
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with established Bank procedures and regulations.
- Available to travel within the branch network as needed to ensure adequate branch coverage.
- Ability to prove coin machine and change coin bags.
- Daily use of Cash Recycler to include maintenance as needed and proof as designated.
- Other duties assigned by Retail Bank management.
- Exceptional inter-personal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Working knowledge of banking software and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
- Working knowledge of bank products and services and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn
High School Diploma or GED. 2-3 years’ experience in a direct customer service capacity, preferably in a banking environment. Prior teller experience and in a sales capacity preferred.
Responsible for Collection activities on Residential, Commercial, and Consumer Loan portfolios. Also responsible for administrative duties including the preparation of monthly departmental reports and documenting the Loan Workout and OREO files with memos, default letters, updated financial statements and collateral appraisals. Performs collection duties for all accounts on delinquency reports throughout the collection cycle. Helps identify problems and issues in the loan portfolio, reviews the issues with the VP/ Residential Loan Servicing Manager and senior management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Call delinquent loan customers for payments, utilizing tact and persuasiveness.
- Send letters, including Fair Foreclosure Act Notices, to delinquent customers’ at intervals determined by Bank management.
- Update Loan Servicing system as to calls made, conversations and letters sent.
- Prepare monthly delinquency reports for review by Loan Servicing Manager and presentation to Board of Directors. Reconcile figures with Accounting Department.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Sends monthly letters to borrowers notifying them of approaching maturity date.
- Sends letters to delinquent borrowers notifying them of legal or appraisal fees billed.
- Conducts monthly delinquent meetings providing senior management with the status of collection efforts.
- Orders appraisals and property inspections on accounts in default.
- Advises delinquent borrowers about possible hardship modifications.
- Responsible for receiving borrowers’ requests, sending applications and maintaining a status log of received applications.
- When notified of delinquent utilities, contacts the tax collector regarding status and notifies asset recovery manager. Sends correspondence to borrower(s).
- Processes phone payments for borrowers to avoid delinquency.
- Prepares and sends Notices of Intent to Foreclose on residential loans that are over 120 days delinquent.
- Responsible for assisting department with documenting Workout files with memoranda including Non-Accrual, OREO, Write-Down, Risk Rating Change, Loan Charge Off,
- Prospective Risk, Committee Briefing, Interest Rate Change memos. Prepares internal memos, letters, recommendations, spreadsheets, and reconciliations. Prepares and maintains Loan and OREO correspondence including but not limited to default letters and attorney correspondence.
- Assists, as needed, in answering the phone to take messages in the event that all other Loan Servicing Specialists are unable to answer.
Assists the Loan Workout Officers with the monitoring of non-performing loans and OREO portfolio. Maintains the work-out and OREO files, and is responsible for all document requests.
- Assists in special projects and assignments conducted within the department.
- Works with other department staff to resolve problems and ensure parallel efficiency.
Performs other duties as directed by management.
- 2+ years of mortgage collection experience required. The experience must include working knowledge of GSE requirements.
- Formal education through high school or equivalent is required.
Must possess a working knowledge of residential, commercial, and consumer loan products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact in a pleasant, cooperative, and timely manner with internal and external personnel at all levels.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office along with solid PC input skills for inputting applications and system tracking.
- The ability to communicate clearly and accurately in verbal and written format.
- A strong competency to work accurately and efficiently under pressure and organize time, resources, and set priorities to accomplish multiple duties.
- The ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Manasquan Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. If you are sending an email to us, please note that to protect your privacy, do not include your social security number or other personal information that you wish to keep confidential.